About time. With the cold weather and rain, it has not felt like Spring is here. But, with May just around the corner, it is time for the 3rd Annual 2.5K/5K Run, which will be held at Gateway Island in Murfreesboro on Friday night, May 3rd.
Here are some details for the event:
- Packet pickup is on Thursday(5/2) from 11AM to 6:30PM at Fleet Feet and also on Friday (5/3) from 3:30PM to 5:30PM at Gateway Island. Kids can bring their 100% Challenge log sheets for an extra reward.
- Parking is at the gravel lot and behind MMC on race day. See the map on our race page for more details.
- 2.5K Run will start at 6PM. 5K Run will start at 6:30PM.
- We will have awards immediately after each event. The 2.5K awards will be during the 5K run, so for the parents that have kids in both races we do apologize, but we do not want to hold up everyone on a Friday night.
- How do we come up with age/gender award categories? We base it on the number of kids per category, we do our best to make each category with the same number of runners. It is not perfect, but we try to be fair. See our race page for more age/gender categories.
- Will we have food? Yes, but it will be light snacks. We have waters, frozen yogurt, and granola bars. Also, Kona Ice will be there selling icees for $2 - $4 each.
So if you have not signed up yet, can you still do so?
YES!!! This is an event that all kids from 5 to 14 years old can run. If we have a big walkup for registration on race day, we may run out of extra shirts, but our t-shirt company is on stand by to get us more if we need it., and we have plenty of medals.